Rambling wild

A blank canvas awaiting my thoughts and views on what's happening anywhere - where ever my mind takes me. A page to let the ramblings of a woman fall into, coalesce and perhaps create a painting.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Rockstar-INXS

I love this show - the singers are so much better than so called established singers like Sheryl Crow. But we all know sucess has nothing to do with talent alone. It is an outcome of a combination of factors, mostly - exposure at the right place and time. So, at least these singers have the exposure - so I am sure we will be hearing about Tara, Suzie and the others.

I especially enjoyed the acoustic show last week. I thought Suzie sang very well - I got chills listening to her rendition of Sam Cooke's "Bring it on home to me".And I can't beleive the idiotic voters did not get it. I don't think INXS will select a woman as their front person - not because they are prejudiced but because the world seem to always vote for the men and Jordis while ignoring the other women despite their stellar perfomances ( eg. Suzie's situation for 2 consecutive weeks ). Jordis, despite her good voice "IS not right for our band INXS" as she sounds more like Alicia Keys than a rocker. She will probably get a record deal and go on her merry ways and sing sweet ballads or something like that.

In my opinion, the finalists will be JD and MIG - the latter is a superb fit for INXS while JD can sing only some songs - his range is limited while he is really good when he is in his element - he easily butchered Queens's " We are the Champions" - Freddy Mercury's voice has a wider range and high top end. It was fun watching that episode when JD realized that he cajoled Jordis into giving him a song he could not sing and then backpedalling like crazy to get rid ot and not suceeding. Finally, on performance day - he blamed it all on the "surprise" at seeing hsi sister among the audience.He should have just said what the world heard - wrong song for his voice. With JD as their front man, INXS willl have to write for his limited voice range while with MIG - it would be like old times. Michael Hutchense sang a variety of songs since he had a wider range - just like MIG. I like JD - he is cute and his voice sounds good but not a good fit for INXS despite him kissig up and saying how much he loves INXS songs etc. A lot of people like JD - he has never been at the bottm three even on the day he sang the disastrous Queen's number so I expect he would be around till the end.

Anyway, happy watching tuesday!
http://rockstar.msn.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home